This is a guided, walk and wade, private river fly fishing experience in Colorado on the North Fork of the South Platte River. Your will have approximately one mile of the river at Boxwood and 2 miles at Long Meadow to fly fish depending on the section/sections that Ken’s Anglers reserves.
10 Reasons to fly fish in Colorado with Ken’s Anglers on either Long Meadow or Boxwood:
- Big fish and plenty of them — and you will catch some of them
- Total Privacy — At Boxwood, no one else will be allowed on the water, just Ken’s Anglers. At Long Meadow, you may see a few other anglers not in our group, but rarely will this happen
- Easy river access — no long hikes over rough terrain
- Only 60 minutes from downtown Denver via State Highway 285 — and no Jeep trails
- A combination of wild fish, spawned fish, and stocked fish make the fly fishing in Colorado challenging enough for the expert yet friendly enough for the novice
- There is a good chance that you will hook into and hopefully land the largest trout of your lifetime at Boxwood or Long Meadow. You also stand a good chance of catching more trout than you have ever caught in a Colorado river fly fishing experience
- The Clubhouse facility at Boxwood makes fly fishing even in “poor weather” a nice experience and the shelter and portalett at Long Meadow come in handy at times
- Many different species of trout can be caught all on the same day: Rainbows, Cut bows, Cutthroats, Browns, Brookies, Tigers, Steelhead and a rare Palomino
- The river is wader friendly. No moss, no weeds, and no over your head foliage. But still very challenging rapids, pools and riffles
- Then average size fish landed in 2008 was 19 inches. The largest, a 28.75 inch Rainbow, a 27 inch Brown, a 24 inch Cutbow, a 22 inch Cutthroat, and 17 inch Brookie. You get the idea. We do have big fish in the Colorado fly fishing environment.
This list was compiled from listening to fly fishing angler’s comments on why they will be back fly fishing in Colorado at Long Meadow and Boxwood.
For more information, visit Ken’s Anglers Fly Fishing at http://www.kens-anglers.com. We can also be reached via phone at (303)-501-5247 or by email at[email protected]. Book a trip to Long Meadow or Boxwood Gulch with Ken’s Anglers today!